Would you like to help with a JCL event?
Or would you like to sponsor a Kiddush in someone’s honor? Contact Michelle.
The JCL always needs volunteers to coordinate Shabbat dinners, brunches, etc. The responsibilities are not complicated at all. Here is how it works for a Shabbat dinner:
- The caterer comes in on Friday afternoon to prepare the meal
- JCL volunteers set up, serve, and clean up.
- JCL covers the cost of the dinner.
- Create menu. Sample menu: chicken, vegetable, starch, challah, salad, side dish (fruit), dessert*
- Shop for groceries
- Check in with caterer on Friday before services begin (any last-minute things?)
- Coordinate work of JCL volunteers
- Bake or buy dessert (Be sure dessert is baked by sundown!
Contact Michelle to choose a date if you want to sponsor a Kiddush
Do you have a special occasion you are celebrating? Want to honor the memory of someone close to
you? How about someone from history
whose values you share or hold dear? How
about a theme that correlates with the time of year or a holiday? What or who is special in your life?
- Create menu
- Work with Keren for purchasing
- Purchase items
- Set up and clean-up in library or basement
Creative Options for any event:
- Flowers for table
- Children doing centerpieces, decoration correlating with Torah portion.
- Share a family ritual
- Anything else you can think of!